MAN OF STEEL Flying Toward $100 Million Opening? – Big 6 Morning Report
- How big will the Man Of Steel be? That’s the question that Warner Bros. is asking itself as it tries to revive the iconic superhero on film. Well, early tracking has Superman flying toward a $100 million opening weekend and ending with more than $300 million. That’s not Iron Man 3 or The Dark Knight money, but it certainly looks better than the $100 million 7-day opening of Superman Returns had over the 4th of July in 2006. (Variety)
- One film that’s already proven its box office power is Fast & Furious 6. The film should pass $500 million at the worldwide box office today. Can it beat the $626 million of Fast Five? All signs point to yes right now.
- Who should play Dr. Who? HitFix put together it’s list of 12 dream replacements for Matt Smith, who is exiting the long-running sci-fi series. Helen Mirren? Neil Patrick Harris? Nathan Fillion? Why not? Check out the full list on HitFix.
- The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug trailer is rumored to debut ahead of Man of Steel. (AICN)
- Community‘s Gillian Jacobs will play the female lead in Hot Tub Time Machine 2. (Deadline)
- Cult director Takashi Miike has made more than 60 movies but none of them in English—until now. Miike is set to direct Tom Hardy in The Outsider, which would mark the hemler’s first English-language film. (Indiewire)