MAN OF STEEL Sequel Fast-Tracked at WB. But Who’s Returning? – Big 6 Morning Report
- Here’s something that should come as no surprise considering how much money Man of Steel is likely to make: Warner Bros. has put a sequel to the Superman reboot on the fast-track for production. Zack Snyder will be back to direct with David Goyer on board as the writer, as part of his three-picture deal for two Supermen movies and a Justice League picture. Christopher Nolan, however (and thankfully), isn’t expected to be as involved in the sequels as he was in Man Of Steel. No word yet on a release date. (Deadline)
- Want an Xbox One or a Playstation 4? Well, both systems are now available for pre-order now. (Xbox, Playstation)
- Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones tied for Best Drama Series last night at the BFCA Critics’ Choice TV Awards. Bryan Cranston also won Best Actor in a Drama Series for his role on Bad. You can see a full list of winners at TheWrap.
- Sorry Dumb and Dumber fans. Warner Bros. has dropped plans to make a sequel to the nearly 20-year-old cult comedy. (The Playlist)
- Jonathan Katz who starred in the animated series Dr. Katz has turned to Kickstarter to get his animated web series Death Row Diet off the ground. Will you help fund it? (Kickstarter)
- After vastly overperforming at the box office, The Purge now has a sequel in development at Universal. (THR)